2016 PRICE LIST FOR WORLDWIDE VIDEOTEX NEWSLETTERS
Every month, Worldwide Videotex publishes 30 high-technology newsletters which are on various U.S. online systems.
A hard copy or e-file annual subscription for each monthly newsletter is $165. $180 for hardcovers shipped outside of North America. Air mail postage included in subscription price.
Individual issues to nonsubscribers cost $25. Hard copies shipped outside of North America $30.
Electronic editions are available in Adobe PDF, and DOC files, delivered via e-mail.
Worldwide Videotex, a pioneer in electronic publishing since 1981, publishes the following newsletters:
1. AUDIOTEX UPDATE provides the latest news and information on the audiotex industry. This includes voice processing, voice information products, services, companies, marketing strategies, and research and development. Some of the specific
applications that are covered include voice messaging, IVR, speech-to-text and speech/voice recognition.
2. BIOTECH BUSINESS provides detailed information on
biotechnology products and companies. It reports which universities offer licensing of biotechnology research, which companies have entered licensing agreements, as well as the financial health of biotechnology companies and their expected
growth or decline.
3.BIOTECH EQUIPMENT UPDATE covers news and the latest
information about biotechnology lab and manufacturing
equipment and products. This includes new product and
technology announcements, as well as vendor research,
development, and manufacturing information.
4. BIOTECH FINANCIAL REPORTS provides the latest financial information and news on biotech and pharmaceutical companies. This includes quarterly and annual reports plus merger and acquisition news, and stock dividend announcements.
5. CAD/CAM UPDATE provides the latest news and information about the CAD/CAM industry. This includes CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing), CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting and Design), and CASE (Computer-Aided Software
Engineering) products, services, companies, marketing
strategies, and research and development. Some of the
specific applications that are covered are animation, CAD networks, 3D modeling, and CAD databases for a variety of industries ranging from aerospace, automobile, architectural to entertainment, heavy machinery and medical.
6. CD COMPUTER NEWS provides CD-ROM (Compact Discs - Read Only Memory) information to help users select CD-ROM discs and products such as CD-ROM drives and networks. Comprehensive information on DVD technology and marketing is also provided. Reviews current CD-ROM databases and new CD-ROM/DVD releases providing detailed information on their contents.
7. COMPUTER PROTOCOLS covers the news and developments of computer communication protocols and their related products, such as bridges, gateways and LANs with special coverage on the development of international protocols. Also monitors software interfaces between personal computers and mainframes.
8. COMPUTER SECURITY UPDATE provides news and information on computer security worldwide. This includes the latest hardware and software products available to protect all computers and networks from hackers, viruses, and all international and domestic threats.
9. COMPUTER WORKSTATIONS provides information on computer workstations used in network applications, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided engineering (CAE), and other business and industrial applications to improve productivity. It covers the products, people and companies using and making
10. ELECTRO MANUFACTURING provides news and information on new computer and electronic technologies being developed and applied to all areas of manufacturing to increase efficiency and productivity. It also reports on the companies developing these automation technologies and those using them. It evaluates products and applications.
11. GUI PROGRAM NEWS provides news and information on the popular (Graphical User Interfaces) and the growing number of associated applications for personal computers and workstations. The newsletter covers all the GUIs including Windows 3.0, OS/2 Presentation Manager, OPEN LOOK, MOTIF and NextStep. Special emphasis is on the marketing strategies of
GUI vendors. Articles also include user applications and requirements.
12. IMAGING UPDATE provides news and information on the digitized image and computer graphics industry. The newsletter covers new hardware and software products, as well as research and development. Special emphasis is on the marketing strategies of manufacturers and vendors. Articles include user applications in areas such as medicine, audio visuals, desktop publishing, and information storage and retrieval.
13. INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENT provides news and information on products, procedures and processes being developed or in operation in industry and business to improve the environment. Articles include news about organizations and regulatory agencies involved in improving working and living environments.
14. LAN PRODUCT NEWS provides news and information on the computer Local Area Network (LAN) industry. The newsletter covers new hardware and software products, as well as research and development. Special emphasis is on the marketing strategies of LAN manufacturers and vendors. Articles also include user applications and industry standards developments.
15. MAINFRAME COMPUTING provides news and information on computer mainframes including supercomputers and high performance computers. The newsletter covers new hardware peripherals, as well as applications software, operating systems, and network systems. Special emphasis is on the marketing strategies of mainframe and peripheral vendors.
16. MODEM USERS NEWS provides the latest news and information on software, hardware, supplies and services for individuals and companies who communicate with the use of modems in It contains detailed information, prices, and evaluations of products and accessible services.
17. MULTIMEDIA PUBLISHER provides news and information on the multimedia publishing industry which includes all the various types of media now available for publishers to disseminate their database information to professional markets or to provide entertainment to the consumer markets. From new multimedia presentations of audio, graphics and text to DVD and CD, MULTIMEDIA PUBLISHER explores the trends and latest developments and marketing strategies of the vendors and publishers of information and entertainment products.
18. NETWORKS UPDATE provides the latest news and information about the computer network industry. This includes national, international, public, private, and military network products, services, companies, marketing strategies, and research and development. Some of the specific applications that are covered include those involving ISDN, LANs, WANs, X.25, X.400, and OSI.
19. ONLINE PRODUCT NEWS provides information on online
products and services, including products and software used to enable website function.
20. PC BUSINESS PRODUCTS provides the latest news and
information on software, hardware, supplies and services for individuals and companies who use PCs in business applications. It contains detailed product information, prices, and evaluations to help PC users select products that will meet their needs.
21. PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE provides information and news on the latest business software products for PCs, minicomputers, and mainframes to increase productivity and cost-effectiveness. It covers the vendors who develop and market the programs and the end users.
22. TELECOM UPDATE (formerly RBOC Update) provides news and information concerning the telecommunications companies. It covers all their activities, including operations and services.
23. TELEPHONE IP NEWS provides news and information concerning the information provider (IP) industry for telephone services. It reports on new products available to providers and monitors public service commission rulings as they apply to information services. It also reports on the marketing strategies of the IPs.
24. TELE-SERVICE NEWS provides news and information on the telephone industry. The newsletter covers services, products, research and development and business plans of telecommunications providers and independent vendors. Subjects of articles include cellular service, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), gateways, fiber optics, and effects of government regulations.
25. UNIX UPDATE provides news and information on UNIX
computer systems and products around the world. The
newsletter covers new hardware and software products and enhancements, as well as research and development. Special emphasis is on the marketing strategies of UNIX vendors. Articles also include user applications and requirements.
26. WORLDWIDE BIOTECH provides news and information on
biotechnology as an international industry, reporting on the deals between U.S. biotechnology companies and international pharmaceutical corporations.
27. WORLDWIDE DATABASES provides news and information on online computer databases around the world. The newsletter covers new database products and enhancements, as well as products in development. Articles also include user applications and accessing requirements.
28. WORLDWIDE ENERGY provides news and information on all types of energy sources and applications. These include oil, gas, coal nuclear, electric, solar and the latest energy alternatives. Articles cover exploration and operation of various energy sources, and R&D and production of energy conservation products and processes.
29. WORLDWIDE TELECOM provides the latest news and information on international telecommunications products, services, and contracts. Emphasis is on U.S. telecommunications companies doing business in foreign markets and on products with a potential market overseas. Coverage includes methods of system integration into foreign networks.
30. WORLDWIDE VIDEOTEX UPDATE reports news and information on The Internet, online services, email, satellite communications and television related technologies, and products that enable ease of use.